Senior in-home care
Ann’s Professional Home Care provides the best home care in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, Bucks, Lehigh, and Dauphin Counties. Our services help seniors to successfully complete their essential Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). This support ensures seniors preserve as much self-sufficiency and independence as possible while family members and caregivers can feel secure knowing that their loved one is receiving compassionate and professional assistance. If you are deciding whether in-home care is right for you or your senior, you should consider the following:
- Does the senior need assistance with completing basic Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)?
- Is the caregiver or other family members able to provide the assistance needed?
- What specific benefits will in-home care provide to seniors and their caregivers?
- How experienced and/or qualified is the home care agency?
Situations Where Seniors Require In-Home Care
A senior in your family may desire infrequent, minimal assistance with completing an activity for daily living, or they could be seeking to request daily assistance with ADLs. Family caregivers providing various degrees of ADLs assistance are the backbone of support for many seniors who are not able to do some of the things they could previously accomplish with ease.
However, for various reasons, primary caregivers are not always able to physically be there for a loved one for every single support effort. Any senior who requires assistance with completing ADLs or requires more cognitive/social stimulation in their lives would be an ideal candidate for our senior in-home care services.
Senior In-Home Care Services
Ann’s Professional Home Care’s in-home care services for seniors seek to ensure that the senior under our care is able to complete all of the necessary ADLs needed in order to live safely and comfortably wherever they reside. The in-home care provided to a senior varies depending on their needs and the needs of their caregivers. The level of care can range from minimal assistance to more comprehensive 24/7 care and supervision.
Ann’s Professional Home Care can greatly increase the quality-of-life for seniors by helping them live as self-sufficiently as possible in the familiar setting of a private residence or care facility. Our in-home care professionals can support seniors by helping them complete the six major types of Activities of Daily Living which are:
A healthy diet is very important for seniors in order to help strengthen muscles and bones which may injure after a fall. We can prepare delicious and nutritious meals, help with the act of feeding, and clean up afterwards.
Bathing and Hygiene
Many seniors need extra help with bathing and keeping up with regular personal hygiene such as oral care and skin care. People who must stay in a bed or in a wheelchair are at risk for pressure ulcers, aka bed sores, and can be a big problem. We can tend to the daily bathing needs of an individual under our care and help to maintain standards of personal hygiene.
Our caregivers allow enough time for the clients to do as much as they can for themselves and allow them to select the clothes they are wearing for the day. If they can put clothing on but only need help for buttons or shoes, we give them time to do it their way and try to have multiple wardrobe choices available.
Who is ready for a new haircut? Hair needs to be clean, cut, trimmed, or shaved based on someone’s preferences. We can help with these tasks and other normal grooming requests.
Our experienced Care Professionals can assist seniors with being more mobile in their home in addition to stretching, walking, and other light exercise programs designed to help prevent atrophy. Safely getting in/out of bed, during bathing, and around the house is critical to preventing accidents such as falls. Exercise is needed for seniors to maintain good balance, coordination, flexibility and range of motion, endurance, and strength.
Our Care Professionals are able to help a client get to and from the bathroom and understand the realities of the aging process. We offer incontinence care which could be emptying catheter drainage bags and changing adult diapers.
Senior In-Home Care Companionship
Our senior in-home care services also include friendly companionship. Companionship and regular social interaction keeps seniors more engaged and the therapeutic bond forged between our clients and our Care Professionals attempts to prevent isolation and symptoms of depression. In some situations, the care aide might be the only personal interaction the client has during that day. They develop a bond, and often a meaningful and lasting friendship. That is why we try our best to match the client’s personality with the right caregiver. With the companionship aspect to our senior in-home care services, seniors are encouraged to continue to do the activities that bring them joy during their remaining years. Our Care Professionals are very pleased to be a steady part of your loved one’s life and facilitate the following interactions:
- Arts and crafts and other recreational hobbies
- At-home companion for reading aloud or watching TV together
- Social outings to see friends and relatives
- Engaging social conversation
- Transportation and event companion
Benefits of In-Home Care for Seniors
Ann’s Professional Home Care believes in the importance of caring for seniors alongside their primary caregivers. Our in-home care services benefit seniors in a number of ways. Some of the benefits of our senior in-home care services include:
- Cognitive stimulation – The human brain gets stimulation through a lot of the same activities we did when we were young, such as reading, playing card and board games, solving puzzles of all kinds, and writing things down. As seniors get older it is even more important to help them find opportunities to continue to do these brain stimulating activities in order to keep making mental connections in hopes to reduce the likelihood of memory loss.
- Socialization – The psychosocial aspect of care, which is someone’s interaction in a social environment, is an important aspect of overall health and well-being. It is part of the human experience to engage each other in mutually beneficial social interaction and many seniors are not participating enough with this for various reasons.
- Improvement in health and physiology – A senior may wish to eat healthier and become more physically active in order to maintain or increase levels of fitness and prevent muscle loss.
- Safety supervision – An individual may need a small amount of care supervision while another may need round-the-clock support with ADLs.
Benefits of Senior In-Home Care for Caregivers
Allowing our elders to age alone in a home can merit some fear and uncertainty among family members who can’t regularly be at the same location as their loved one. The benefits of senior in-home care can relieve some of the feelings of guilt associated with not being able to give enough attention to a senior because of issues such as time constraints and distance from one another. Many seniors are lonely and may be at home all day, most days, without someone periodically socializing or checking in on their well-being.
Why You Should Choose Ann’s Professional Home Care
Do you or your loved ones need Senior in-home care support? Ann’s Professional Home Care has been providing Care Professionals, who offer the best in-home care services for people in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester and Bucks Counties. Our professionals who provide care to our clients undergo a thorough screening process which includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation of both oral and written communication skills
- Thorough in-person interview(s)
- A series of important health screenings
- Nationwide criminal background check
- Extensive review of personal references
Person Centered Care
Ann’s Professional Home Care’s philosophy of Person Centered Care puts seniors and their family at the heart of all care decisions. Our philosophy recognizes both seniors and their caregivers as partners in developing and planning care to make sure that care is always appropriate for satisfying their wants and needs. It is important to us to take into consideration a client’s preferences, wishes, hobbies, and activities they may want to continue through in-home care.