Individuals with Disabilities
Individuals differ in the types of support needed to perform daily living activities, express emotions, communicate their choices, and interact with the world. Much like everyone else, those diagnosed with a developmental & intellectual disabilities have a basic desire for friendship, social interaction, and leisure activities.
Our goal is to assist adults and children with developmental & intellectual disabilities in getting the right care at the right place with the right outcomes. We assist with.
- Performing light housekeeping
- Running Errands
- Organizing and reading mail
- Shopping for groceries
- Doing laundry
- Escorting to social events
- Monitoring diet and eating
- Planning, preparing, and cleaning up meals
- Assisting with a safe bathing environment
- Assisting with daily grooming and hygiene needs
- Assisting with dressing and walking
- Toileting assistance
- Organizing and monitoring Medication reminders
- Providing companionship and participating in conversation
- Supporting respite care
- Assisting with getting in and out of bed
- Entertaining (games, craft, reading, etc.)
Why You Should Choose Ann’s Professional Home Care
Ann’s Professional Home Care has exceptional Care Professionals who are caring and sincere professionals that utilize their depth of expertise for accomplishing an individual’s ADLs.
Our Focus on Person Centered Care
Ann’s Professional Home Care runs on the philosophy of Person Centered Care. Person Centered Care focuses on putting clients and their families at the front and center of all decisions relevant to care. Person Centered Care is the practice of caring for the individual human in entirety rather than an individual’s diagnosis. Person Centered Care sees our clients and primary caregivers as equal cooperators in assessing and maintaining levels of care to ensure it is effectively suitable for all situations for a period of time. We carefully strive to understand the client’s various concerns, hobbies, preferences, and the activities they wish to continue while under our care –allowing us to pair our clients with a well-matched Care Professional.